Thursday 7 March 2019

Firestarter !! A 40K Tribute to the Lead Singer of Prodigy, Keith Flint

RIP Keith Flint.

I painted this guy eons ago, back when "Firestarter" was getting plenty of radio  play.  When I saw this mini, I knew I had to paint him up like the lead singer of Prodigy.

RIP Keith Flint, lead singer of Prodigy, and the Firestarter in my army

It was a fun mini to paint up, with crisp, clean details and a very expressive face.  The "Firestarter" theme really suited the Sisters of Battle army I brought to the Toronto Grand Tournament, and to my surprise, it won the best single miniature award that year (2001? 2002?  I can't rightly remember).

At first I believed it was a Paul Muller sculpt, but after posting a pic of it last Monday on the Eavier Metal Facebook page, Paul commented and said that he wasn't sure if he or Brian Nelson had sculpted it.

Painted back when Goblin Green bases were all the rage


Completely forgot about this mini in my collection, until the news broke on Monday:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/04/prodigy-singer-keith-flint-dies-aged-49



Keith was only a few years older than I am, and I listed to album, "The Fat of the Land" countless times over the years, especially during games of 40K.

He will definitely find a place in my army again, resurrected in the 41st Millenium to inspire the Imperium to smite the enemies of the Emperor!

Keith Flint: 1969 - 2019

The original Firestarter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

On a more positive note regarding another musical icon, how the teachings of Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters and Nirvana can help you become a better painter:


No comments:

Post a Comment